Imagination – Food – Nature
Instagram Kale_Mama #kalemamá
“LIKE” Kale Mamá on Facebook
Eco-workshops for birthdays, farmers’ markets, schools and other events!
START A BEAN IN AN UPCYCLED CD CASE!
1. Lay empty cd case flat
2. Put soil in case to cover bottom half of case
3. Put Christmas Lima Bean near top of soil (can experiment with other beans)
4. Tape the bottom, so everything stays in (optional)
5. Water the bean every day through the holes
6. When you see your bean has sprouted, label the parts on the cd case with permanent marker: the cotyledons (first leaves), the leaves, stem, roots
Use your nature journal to record your scientific findings, including; the date, observation, measurement, bean plant drawing
Find us at a future event to get a free seed to start at home!